Media and Press Mentions for Manor Fisheries
Manor Fisheries is featured twice in the 12th September 2017 edition of Anglers Mail.
“Bill Phillips had a week’s holiday with his wife at Manor Fisheries, in Headcorn, Kent and despite plenty sightseeing he also bagged up with 1064lb of Catfish to 40lb in 89 hours of fishing. Retired Bill, 68, from Chippenham Wiltshire ledgered halibut pellets balanced with CherryCarp Meatymite Natural pop-ups”.
- Bill Rushmer’s BRILLIANT BAITS “Big cats love lapping up my fishy paste”.
“The first time that I used the fish sauce paste and polystyrene combination for catfish was on a four-day trip to Manor Fisheries, at Headcorn, in Kent. I opted to fish Specimen Lake 2, noted for its catfish and carp, using two fairly powerful rods, free-spool reels with 20 lb mono, a polystyrene float, 18 in. of 45 lb Kryston QuickSilver hook link attached to the main line via a swivel, and size 2 barbless hooks. I moulded my paste around a hair-rigged polystyrene ball.
It didn’t take long before the polystyrene ball float shot under and I was into a good fish. It went off on a powerful run around the back of the lake’s island, but with heavy pressure over a long period, I started ti gain line.
It seemed ages before I finally netted the fish, and then an angler fishing opposite kindly helped me weigh it, at 37 lb. The sport on the paste rod continued for the next three hours, producing four cats in total, two over 30 lb and two 20s.”
ANGLERS MAIL and ANGLING TIMES
Manor Fisheries is featured in the 18th July 2017 edition of Anglers Mail "Where to Fish - South East" and the Angling Times "Where to Fish- South" sections.
7th March 2017: Bill Rushmer includes Manor Fisheries in his "The Best of the Best" report covering the South East and mentions why: We have stayed twice in the lovely on-site accommodation at this exceptionally well-kept fishery.
January 2017 : Great venues to fish in 2017.
- August, 2016 : Manor Fisheries is selected as one of the best day ticket venues in 2016 and was included in their ultimate where to fish guide.
- August 2014 : Best Fishing Clubs & Venues Supplement when Bill Rushmer, the highly respected angler and journalist; nominated Manor Fisheries a favourite South East UK fishery.
- December 2014 : The '2015 Venues You Must Fish'
- 16 May 2017: 100 Best Lakes to fish this Spring
"Don't miss out on Lake 2 for Catfish.
If you've never caught a Catfish before the you simply need to give Lake 2 a go.
Cats to 50 lbs plus are stocked..........."
- December 2016 : Thom Airs had a memorable session as mentioned in his year-end review.