A brand New Year has started. Hope you are ready for more great catches and experiences!
A big thank you to all our visitors who visited Manor Fisheries last year and we wish you all a very Happy New Year.
We look forward to you visiting again and enjoying fishing at Manor Fisheries.
Rhonda and Mike
Some dates for your 2018 diary.
The Manor Fisheries 2018 Season is:
· Open from Saturday 24th March 2018
· Closed from Monday 1st October 2018
We are now accepting 2018 booking requests from visitors with different requirements including:
· “Accommodation and discounted fishing” for 3, 4 or 7 days or longer. Apartment Availability can be seen at https://www.manor-fisheries.co.uk/availability/ .
· See the 2018 Night Membership application via www.manor-fisheries.co.uk .
· From 15th January 2018 we will accept Bookings for fishing from registered 2018 Night Members (who can book ahead up to month six).
· From 15th February 2018 we will accept bookings for fishing from the general Public requiring only Day Fishing (7.00 am to 7.00 pm) who can book ahead up to month three. To book Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish) anglers must indicate when they have fished here previously.
News Report – 1st December 2017 to 31st December 2017
Summary – the next 12-weeks
Manor Fisheries is closed for the winter noting the lakes first started freezing over on the 9th December. Before we open on the 24th March next year there are still activities to manage including:
· Netting and electro stunning of Lake 3 (Mixed).
· Daily fish feeding
· General grounds, swims and islands maintenance
· Apartments, cabin and security maintenance
Over the coming weeks we look forward to keeping you informed of progress and receiving your comments and/or ideas.
Repair and improvement of swims
We can report that some of the Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish) swims have now been upgraded.
Manor Fisheries Specimens
Each year we award every angler with a PIN to commemorate catching their first Manor Fisheries specimen fish for each species shown below. The 2018 PIN qualifying weights
2018 Leader Board
The Leader Board competition will again run throughout our 2018 Season and commence on Saturday 24th March 2018. Prizes will be awarded for the following specimens caught by or on Sunday 30th September 2018:
· £50.00 for the first verified 50lbs+ Catfish
· £50.00 for the first verified 30lbs+ Carp
· £50.00 for the first verified 8lbs+ Tench
In the event these “Target weights” are not met, the above prizes will be awarded for the heaviest verified Carp, Catfish and Tench specimens recorded in the Cabin Log Book by or on Sunday 30th September 2018.
Thank you to all those anglers who have spent a few moments in the past to summarise their catch in the Cabin Log Book.
In addition to recording Cats weighing over 30lbs, and please don’t be shy ……. we request anglers also record Carp over 20lbs as this forms the basis of our Monthly News Report and provides valuable input to our lake management plans.