The New 2018 Season
As we approached our new Season “Opening” date, February passed with a sting in the tale and bitterly cold weather.
The Manor Fisheries 2018 Season began on Saturday 24th March when we were again pleased to welcome many regulars plus several new faces.
With our visitors having differing requirements we are now accepting a variety of 2018 booking requests including:
- “Accommodation with discounted fishing” for 3, 4 or 7 days or longer.
- 2018 Night Members bookings for fishing up to the 6th month ahead.
- General Public bookings for Day Fishing (7.00 am to 7.00 pm) only, who can book up to the 3rd month ahead. To book Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish) anglers must indicate when they have fished here previously.
News Report – 1st March 2018 to 31st March 2018
Summary – the past month
We plan to keep you informed of news and progress while we look forward to receiving your comments, ideas and photos.
- General maintenance has been completed whilst daily fish feeding continued when possible.
- Our 2018 Season began on Saturday 24th March
- With the assistance of Hadlow College, the “Management” of Lake 3 (Mixed) has been set for April.
- Our 2018 Leader Board competition has now started and anglers are requested to record all Catfish weighing over 30lbs and Carp over 20lbs in the Cabin Log Book as this forms the basis of our Monthly News Report and provides valuable input to our lake management plans.
Fishing Report – 24th March 2018 to 31st March 2018.
The weather during March has been very variable including snow melt, cold nights and much heavy rain that has affected catches. Kevin Oxley can claim the first catch of the Season with a 15lbs 6ozs Common Carp from Lake 1 (Carp) though this weight no doubt will soon be beaten by some of the 150+ doubles stocked in Lake 1.
Lake 1 (Carp)
- Regular Reg Miller returned on the 25th March and landed a 13lbs Mirror and a 10lbs Common while colleague Ian Skinner, visiting for the first time, landed a 19lbs 2ozs Mirror and a 17lbs Common to head the 2018 Leader Board.
- Using boilie bait on the 25th March Simon Rickett caught a 12lbs Common.
- Will Timson used Krill boilies on the 26th March and ended his session with Commons weighing 17lbs and 15lbs plus Mirrors weighing 17lbs and 10lbs.
- Fishing was challenging on the 27th March when Fred Little used Tutti Fruti Wafter baits and persevered to catch a 13lbs 2ozs Common.
- Returning on the 29th March regular Tom Holton landed Commons weighing 13lbs 8ozs and 11lbs 10ozs.
- On the 29th March returning regular Roger Austen used pineapple pop-ups to lure a 13lbs 8ozs Mirror.
- Using Krill baits on the 31st March, Chris and Will Timson had a good session with Chris landing Commons weighing 17lbs 8ozs and 15lbs while Will went one better with a 15lbs Mirror and Commons weighing 2 x 15lbs, 2 x 14lbs and 10lbs.
Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish)
- The Catfish proved elusive for Graham Ring on the 26th March but ended with a 16lbs Common.
- Regular Eric Scott returned on the 27th March to find the Catfish still elusive but finished with Commons weighing 8lbs and 18lbs 10ozs.
Lake 3 (Mixed)
- Fishing the margins on the 24th March, regular Gary Rust landed Carp weighing 7lbs 2ozs and 4lbs 2ozs when sweetcorn was the successful bait.
- Regular Tony Payne returned on the 25th March and landed 2 x Carp to 8lbs plus a 3lbs Bream while brother Graham landed 2 x Bream to 3lbs.
- The 25th March saw the return of regular Paul Kitt who used corn to catch a 5lbs Mirror while John Kitt caught a 4lbs Common using maggots.
- Regular Fred Rosier visited on the 27th March and landed Commons weighing 5lbs 3ozs, 4lbs 11ozs and 4lbs 4ozs plus a 8lbs 13ozs Mirror.
- Although the Tench were elusive on the 29th March, returning regular Peter Gardiner landed a Bream weighing 5lbs+.