With our visitors having differing requirements we are now accepting a variety of 2018 booking requests including:
- “Accommodation with discounted fishing” for 3, 4 or 7 days or longer.
- 2018 Night Members bookings for fishing up to the 6th month ahead.
- General Public bookings for Day Fishing (7.00 am to 7.00 pm) only, who can book up to the 3rd month ahead. To book Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish) anglers must indicate when they have fished here previously.
Fishing Report – 1st May 2018 to 31st May 2018
April left with a storm on the 30th, when we experienced an exceptional rainfall of some 70mm (3 inches) that resulted in local flooding and storm damage. Thankfully the weather changed during May Day and proved to be sunny to assist in drying out the lakeside banks while the waters dropped back to normal levels. The first young moorhens, ducklings and goslings also started to show in growing numbers as the weather became warmer.
Following heavy rain on the 30th April, the River Sherway water level (which flows into the River Beult) rose and fell rapidly over 36 hours to flood the fields adjacent to Lake 3 (Mixed).
Having lived at Manor Fisheries since April 2009, we have seen many changes. Above are pictures showing how Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish) has matured from its creation in 1999 to how it is in May 2018.
May has been another record month and with the improvement in the weather the larger Cats appeared in high numbers. Specimens landed this month include 123 x 30lbs+ Catfish and 8 x 40lbs+ to 42lbs 9ozs which now tops the Catfish Leader Board , 4 x 20lbs+ Carp to 21lbs 7ozs Common and a Tench of 4lbs 8ozs which also tops the Tench Leader Board.
Thank you to all those anglers who took time to record their catches in the Cabin Log Book.
Lake 1 (Carp)
- Arriving for a break on the 28th April Mark and Matt Byatt both achieved new PB’s:
- Rob Ormond visited with colleague John on the 2nd May and using krill boilies tipped with fake corn landed 4 x Commons and 2 x Mirrors weighing from 9lbs to 15lbs.
- Visiting on the 5th May Keith Richards used nut boilie bait and landed 3 x Mirrors and 7 x Commons weighing from 10lbs 6ozs to 15lbs 6ozs and again on the 27th May Keith landed 4 x Commons including 2 x 10lbs and 15lbs and a 10lbs 6ozs Mirror plus a small Cat which was safely returned to Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish).
- Arriving on the 5th May for a break it was PB’s all-round for both David Emmerson and Martin Goldring with their catch totalling 58 x Carp:
- Using halibut pellet on the 9th May, Andrew Burton landed Commons weighing 19lbs and 8lbs 10ozs plus Mirrors weighing 14lbs and 11lbs.
- Regular Terry Keard began his 48 hour session on the 8th May and using frill and halibut pellet baits landed 12 x Carp including 9 x doubles to a 16lbs 4ozs Mirror.
- It was another good session for Alan and Mick Rogers on the 13th May. Using Pineapple boilies Alan landed Carp weighing 18lbs, 17lbs 12ozs, 16lbs 12ozs and 15lbs 10ozs while Mick caught Carp weighing 16lbs 12ozs and 16lbs using Urban nutcracker boilies.
- Tony Cook visited on the 13th May and landed Mirrors weighing 20lbs 3ozs and 15lbs 7ozs where Mainline salted squid boilie was the successful bait.
- Regular Dave Kendrick had a good session on the 16th May and using spicy tuna and sweet chilli boilie baits caught Commons weighing 21lbs 7ozs, 18lbs 10ozs, 18lbs 7ozs, 17lbs 8ozs and 14lbs plus Mirrors weighing 17lbs 6ozs, 15lbs 9ozs, 15lbs 7ozs and 12lbs 4ozs.
- Andy and Lewis Bracey began their 24 hour session on the 17th May and had great success in landing 12 x Carp including Commons weighing 18lbs 4ozs, 18lbs, 17lbs 8ozs, 15lbs 4ozs, 14lbs 5ozs, 3 x 13lbs, 2 x 11lbs 8ozs and 9lbs plus a 9lbs Mirror.
- Visiting on the 29th May Shaun Mackenzie landed 2 x Commons and a Mirror with all three being mid-doubles.
- Fishing with pacific tuna boilie bait in the Open water during his 24 hour session beginning 21st May, rather than the island margins where the Carp were spawning; Jason Tuckey landed Commons weighing 14lbs and 12lbs 4ozs.
- Returning on the 22nd May for a 48 hour visit, Terry Keard was joined by regular Steve Hyder to find the Carp had just finished spawning. Terry used krill boilie bait and caught a small Cat which was returned to Lake 2 plus Mirrors weighing 18lbs 8ozs and 10lbs 1oz plus a 7lbs 4ozs Common while Steve landed Commons weighing 14lbs 12ozs, 10lbs 8ozs and 9lbs 8ozs plus a 15lbs 8ozs Mirror.
- Harvey Rhodes arrived on the 26th May for a short break and using Manila boilies for bait was soon into the Carp. During for the first few days Harvey experienced heavy rains but his catch still included 18 x Commons to 17lbs 6ozs where 12 were doubles plus 3 x Mirrors to 13lbs 6ozs. Next month will contain a fuller summary.
- Tony Cook visited on the 28th May and caught a 13lbs 1oz Carp using Tutti Frutti boilies.
- The competitive spirit was alive and well when Daniel Selby and his brother Jamie began their short break on the 26th May and successfully targeted the Lake 1 Carp over three days. They then targeted the Lake 2 Cats with more great catches. On the 31st May Daniel had a really great session with 17 x Cats including 2 x 40’s to 42lbs 9ozs to top the Catfish Leader Board plus 6 x 30’s:
Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish)
- During sunshine on the 1st May regular Peter Parsons landed three Cats weighing 29lbs, 20lbs and 10lbs.
- Visiting on the 5th May Jack Flower landed a 16lbs Cat while colleague Andy Phillips landed 4 x Cats including 40lbs, 2 x 19lbs and 14lbs using Xcal bait and pellets.
- Arriving for a break on the 5th May Robert Hanson and Jackie Colton targeted the Cats with great success when using pigs liver for bait. Their massive catch of 38 x Cats included 18 x 20’s and 14 x 30’s weighing 39lbs 8ozs, 38lbs 4ozs, 37lbs Jackie’s new PB, 36lbs 12ozs, 36lbs, 35lbs 11ozs, 34lbs, 31lbs 12ozs, 31lbs 8ozs, 31lbs 4ozs, 30lbs 12ozs, 30lbs 8ozs, 30lbs 4ozs, 30lbs.
- Regular Paul Murray returned on the 6th May and landed 5 x Cats weighing 22lbs, 15lbs 14ozs, 13lbs 1oz, 12lbs 7ozs and 12lbs 2ozs while son Anthony landed Cats weighing 32lbs, 29lbs and a 8lbs 6ozs kitten.
- Bill Ellis returned on the 7th May and landed Cats weighing 28lbs and 27lbs 60zs while his son Shane landed 4 x Cats including weights of 27lbs 4ozs PB, 2 x 24lbs and 22lbs.
- With the weather becoming very warm on the 8th May regular Paul Hutchinson caught 13 x Cats using Banoffee and Active 8 boilies. Weights included 35lbs 10ozs, 30lbs 8ozs, 28lbs 4ozs, 2 x 26lbs 10ozs, 25lbs 4ozs, 23lbs 10ozs, 23lbs 6ozs, 23lbs 4ozs, 21lbs, 19lbs 8ozs, 19lbs 4ozs and 17lbs 4ozs and again on the 16th May Cats weighing 27lbs 6ozs, 24lbs 14ozs and 24lbs 6ozs.
- Ted Mahoney used halibut pellet on the 9th May and landed 7 x Cats to 37lbs and again on the 17th May 8 x Cats including weights of 36lbs, 35lbs, 34lbs, 31lbs and 3 x 20’s.
- Visiting on the 10th May produced a 40lbs Cat for Charlie King.
- Gary Day and father Bernie targeted the Cats on the 10th May and Gary landed Cats weighing 30lbs 8ozs and 20lbs 8ozs while Bernie’s Cat weighed 19lbs 8ozs.
- Regular Kevin Oxley began fishing on the 12th May and during a short break over 5-days landed Cats weighing a total of 567lbs 5ozs including 6 x 30’s, 11x 20’s and 5 up to 20lbs and all on halibut pellet.
- Returning on the 13th May Pat O’Sullivan had another good 36 hour session landing 11 x Cats including weights of 40lbs, 36lbs, 2 x 32lbs and 7 x 20’s where krill boilies over halibut pellet was the successful bait.
- Arriving on the 13th May Roy Prout enjoyed a short break, landing 12 x Cats (averaging 31lbs+) and using fish boilie bait caught weights of 38lbs 14ozs, 37lbs 3ozs, 36lbs 8ozs, 35lbs 13ozs, 35lbs 20zs, 33lbs 5ozs, 29lbs 11ozs, 29lbs 2ozs, 28lbs 8ozs, 23lbs 9ozs, 23lbs 7ozs and 22lbs 11ozs.
- Using boilie and halibut pellet baits, regular Jason Tuckey landed 10 x Cats during his 24 hour session starting 14th May that included weights of 34lbs, 33lbs 8ozs, 33lbs, 32lbs, 30lbs, 28lbs, 26lbs, 25lbs, 24lbs and 16lbs.
- Andy Phillips returned on the 16th May and landed Cats weighing 31lbs, 24lbs 8ozs and 14lbs 12ozs using Xcrl baits.
- Visiting on the 17th May Paul Mephan caught a 20lbs Cat plus a 3lbs Common.
- Returning for a seven day break beginning the 19th May, Robin Moyser plus son Andrew, Nigel Gillard and Tim Noble found the Cats h-u-n-g-r-y with Robin becoming only the third angler to join our 1,000lbs Club for a second time with a massive 1,308lbs. Nigel now heads the Catfish Leader Board with a 42lbs 5ozs Moggie and a 871lbs 4ozs catch - many congratulations to both Robin and Nigel. With the “Average” Cat weighing 25lbs their catches include:
- Arriving on the evening 26th May, Bill Newell raised his Cat PB to 38lbs 3ozs at approximately 11.30 pm as an incredible lightening show began. He following morning Bill switched to using 28mm Mogimuch and salmon oil bait and landed a 16lbs 9ozs Carp from Lake 1 (Carp).
- Regular Tony Payne began his 24 hour session on the 26th May and using halibut pellet bait caught Cats weighing 37lbs 4ozs and 12lbs.
- The Cats were really active on a sunny 28th May when Eric Scott returned with Peter Parsons and Aran Flemming. Halibut pellet was the successful bait when they caught Cats weighing:
- Aran – 36lbs, 27lbs and 15lbs
- Peter – 34lbs, 26lbs, 2 x 24lbs, 23lbs, 13lbs and 12lbs
- Eric – 38lbs 8ozs, 37lbs 8ozs, 36lbs, 35lbs, 2 x 34lbs, 32lbs, 26lbs and 18lbs
- Regular Paul Coombes returned on the 29th May for his 60 hour session which was interspersed with very heavy rain. Using halibut pellet bait; Paul’s catch included Cats weighing 35lbs, 28lbs, 25lbs 8ozs, 2 x 22lbs, 21lbs, 20lbs, 18lbs and 16lbs 8ozs.
- Using double 21mm halibut pellet on the 31st May, Phil Rooke landed Cats weighing 33lbs, 30lbs, 29lbs, 25lbs, 20lbs, 18lbs and 3 x kittens
Lake 3 (Mixed)
- Returning on the 1st May regular Fred Rosier had a mixed bag including a 5lbs 14ozs Common, a 2lbs 12ozs Tench and Bream weighing 3lbs 11ozs, 2 x 3lbs 9ozs and 3lbs 4ozs.
- Mark and Sue Rogers returned on the 4th May and using bacon grill, sweetcorn and worm baits landed 6 x Carp weighing 7lbs 8ozs, 7lbs 4ozs, 7lbs 2ozs, 6lbs 2ozs, 5lbs 11ozs and 3lbs plus a 3lbs 8ozs Bream and small Perch. Visiting again on the 7th May Sue float fished and landed Bream weighing 4lbs 7ozs and 4lbs 5ozs, a 2lbs 1oz Tench and a 4lbs 7ozs Common while Mark caught a 4lbs 4ozs Bream, a 8lbs 60zs Mirror, Commons weighing 7lbs 11ozs, 4lbs 13ozs and 4lbs 9ozs plus Tench weighing 2lbs 13ozs and 2lbs 2ozs. The successful baits included sweetcorn, maggots and luncheon meat.
- Regular Gary Rust returned on the 5th May and swapping between ledger and pole landed 6 x Carp weighing from 3lbs 8ozs to 6lbs 9ozs plus 4 x Tench ranging from 1lb 8ozs to 2lbs 2ozs and a couple of Roach using ground bait and prawn.
- On the 9th May Peter Gardiner’s catch included Bream weighing 5lbs 4ozs and 4lbs 10ozs.
- Fishing on the 9th May, Steve Hyder landed 8 x Carp to 8lbs 10ozs plus 2 x Tench to 2lbs 1oz.
- Roger Simmons and Ian Usher visited on the 10th May and using sweetcorn, luncheon meat and bread baits landed 30+ Tench ranging from 1lb to 3lbs, 6 x Carp and 3 x Bream.
- Paul Evans returned on the 12th May and using his long pole plus sweetcorn and luncheon meat baits, raised the Tench leader Board (though shortly) to 4lbs 4ozs with a magnificent catch including 42 x Tench, 23 x Carp to 8lbs 20zs and 5 x Bream to 4lbs 10ozs and again on the 20th May catching 16 x Tench to 2lbs 11ozs, 14 x Carp to 8lbs 11ozs and a 4lbs 10ozs Bream. On the 26th May Paul’s catch included 24 x Carp to 8lbs 12ozs, 8 x Tench to 2lbs 11ozs and 7 x Bream to 6lbs 2ozs.
- On the 14th May Martin Stokes ledgered luncheon meat and bread paste baits and caught 12 x Carp to 14lbs, 14 x Tench to 3lbs and 6 x Bream to 4lbs.
- Peter Austen had a mixed bag on the 16th May when his catch included a 6lbs Common, 3 x Tench to 2lbs, 2 x Bream to 3lbs and a dozen Perch.
- Returning on the 26th May, Pete Rolfe had a good mixed bag including Carp to 10lbs, Bream to 4lbs and Tench to 4lbs.
- Regular Graham Payne visited on the 27th May and landed 6 x Commons weighing 10lbs, 6lbs, 5lbs 8ozs, 5lbs, 4lbs 8ozs and 4lbs plus a 4lbs Mirror, a 4lbs Tench and a Bream weighing 3lbs 8ozs.
- Jim Hall returned on the 28th May and using sweetcorn had a great Catch with 26 x Tench from 2lbs to a 4lbs 8ozs Leader Board topper, 4 x Carp to 9lbs 12ozs and 14 x Bream form 3lbs to 4lbs 2ozs.
- During a short break Garry Blunt and Gary Ford landed 30+ Carp to 9lbs 4ozs on the 30th May and again on the 31st May 30 fish including Bream to 5lbs 8ozs, Tench to 4lbs and Carp to 7lbs 4ozs.