Manor Fisheries is in the News – have you seen the issue dated 12th June 2018 which contains a feature article "Where to Fish: Extra" on pages 22 and 23?
The overview of Manor Fisheries leads with the headline "Pre-book for a day to remember" - Kent's Manor Fisheries offers a fantastic blend of tranquillity and all-action fishing for the entire family.
Fishing Report – 1st June 2018 to 30th JUNE 2018
June has been our third consecutive record month since 2009 when:
- More PB’s were set
- The Catfish Leader Board was again raised
- Several Anglers joined:
- The Manor Fisheries Specimen Club
- The Manor Fisheries 1,000 lbs Club.
With the improvement in the weather the larger Cats again appeared but in higher numbers – especially during early morning and late evening sessions. Specimens landed this month include 148 x 30lbs+ Catfish (an average of 4.9+ per day); including 6 x 40’s to 43lbs 4ozs, 4 x 20lbs+ Carp to a 21lbs 8ozs Common and Lake 3 (Mixed) Tench to 4lbs with more Rudd than usual also appearing.
Thank you to all those anglers who took time to record their catches in the Cabin Log Book.
Lake 1 (Carp)
- Dev Hudaverdi and Mark Davis returned on the 2nd June and using 15mm halibut pellet baits, Dev caught Commons weighing 12lbs and 10lbs while Mark landed Commons weighing 17lbs and 14lbs.
- Ian and Chris Emms visited on the 2nd June and using 15mm Mainline pineapple and banana boilies caught a 19lbs 6ozs Mirror while Chris used luncheon meat bait and caught a 8lbs 11ozs Cat which was returned to Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish).
- Regular Terry Keard began his 48 hour session on the 5th June and using Krill boilie bait landed 7 x Commons (all doubles) and weighing 14lbs 30zs, 13lbs 9ozs, 13lbs 3ozs, 12lbs 7ozs, 11lbs 9ozs, 11lbs 6ozs and 10lbs 15ozs.
- It was PB’s all-round during a 5-day family get-together when the Carp and Cats made a strong showing:
- Matthew and Ian Brown plus Paul Jenkins visited on the 8th June and landed 3 x Commons weighing 16lbs, 13lbs and 7lbs plus 2 x Mirrors weighing 20lbs and 9lbs.
- Visiting on the 10th June Mark Evans landed 4 x Commons weighing 13lbs 6ozs, 8lbs 15ozs, 8lbs 14ozs and 8lbs plus a 12lbs 7ozs Mirror.
- Arriving on the 14th June, Jack Day found the Carp recovering after spawning and had a great session. Fishing over 3 x 24 hours period Jack landed 52 x Carp plus a 27lbs 8ozs Cat which was returned to Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish); resulting in a total massive 630lbs total weight including:
- Steve and Shaun Collins visited on the 16th June and caught a 15lbs Linear and a 18lbs 8ozs Common respectively.
- Using krill boilies tipped with fake corn on the 17th June resulted in a 18lbs Common and 7lbs 8ozs Mirror for Gary Parker.
- Regular Jason Tuckey began his 24 hour session on the 18th June and landed 10 x Commons weighing from 8lbs to 18lbs 8ozs where pacific tuna boilie tipped with fake corn was the successful bait.
- Fred Little visited on the 21st June and using cream + pepper dumbbells caught Mirrors weighing 17lbs 5ozs and 9lbs 8ozs.
- Regular Mick Rogers visited on the 24th June and using Urban strawberry boilies landed Commons weighing 20lbs 8ozs, 13lbs 8ozs and 11lbs.
- Roger Austen returned on the 28th June and using Cell boilies plus Cell pellets during very bright conditions; landed a 11lbs Common.
Lake 2 (Carp/Catfish)
- Daniel Selby and his brother Jamie began their short break on the 26th May and successfully targeted the Lake 1 Carp over three days. They then targeted the Cats on Lake 2 to experience more great catches when the competitive spirit was alive and well. Over 6 x 24 hour sessions they together landed 84 Cats averaging over 25lbs each, including 4 x 40’s and 27 x 30’s; for a total weight of 2,124lbs 12ozs and including the Carp catches their total is 2,307lbs. Many congratulations to both anglers who became members of our 1,000lbs Club while Daniel raised the Catfish Leader Board three times to 43lbs 4ozs.
- Regular Andy Phillips returned on the 2nd June and using Xcrill banoffee boilies caught a 36lbs Cat plus a kitten while colleague Jack Flower tempted a 20lbs Cat with an Xcel squid boilie.
- Regular Pat O’Sullivan returned on the 3rd June for a 36 hour session and landed Cats weighing 34lbs, 30lbs and 26lbs.
- Arriving on the 4th June David Hodge landed Cats weighing 34lbs 10ozs and 18lbs 10ozs while son Jason’s Cat weighed 18lbs 6ozs.
- Regular Jason Tuckey arrived on the 4th June to begin a very successful 24 hour session using boilie and halibut pellet baits to catch 15 x Cats weighing a total of 407lbs 8ozs with weights consisting of 37lbs, 36lbs, 34lbs, 2 x 31lbs, 30lbs, 28lbs, 27lbs, 26lbs 8ozs, 26lbs, 25lbs, 22lbs, 21lbs, 17lbs and 16lbs. Returning for another 24 hour session on the 11th June and using similar tactics; Jason caught 8 x Cats weighing on average 30lbs each and consisting of 38lbs, 36lbs, 33lbs, 32lbs, 30lbs, 27lbs, 24lbs and 20lbs.
- Connor and Alan Cambridge returned on the 5th June and together they caught 9 x Cats with Connor’s weighing 33lbs, 31lbs, 30lbs, 20lbs and 15lbs while Alan’s catch weighed 29lbs, 25lbs, 18lbs and 15lbs.
- Visiting on the 8th June Jonathan and Paul Black used 28mm halibut pellet bait and caught 4 x Cats weighing 31lbs, 29lbs, 17lbs and 9½lbs.
- Arriving on the 6th June for a 60 hour session, Gary Vaughan and Gary Constable experienced sunny weather whilst landing 45 Cats including:
- Regular Paul Hutchinson returned on the 9th June and using Cell boilies caught 6 x Cats weighing 34lbs 4ozs, 26lbs 10ozs, 25lbs 4ozs, 22lbs 8ozs, 11lbs 10ozs and 6lbs. And again on the 30th June when Paul used Cell boilies for bait and landed 6 x Cats weighing 36lbs 14ozs, 34lbs 6ozs, 31lbs 4ozs, 26lbs 10ozs, 25lbs 10ozs and 21lbs 8ozs.
- During a short break regular Kevin Oxley began a 5-day session using halibut pellet bait to land 17 x Cats weighing a huge total of 503lbs 11ozs; averaging 29lbs+ each and including:
- Sean Holman visited on the 11th June and landed 5 x Cats weighing 37lbs 8ozs, 36lbs 8ozs, 34lbs 10ozs, 27lbs 6ozs, 27lbs and 25 plus while Lee Holman’s catch was a 25lbs Cat.
- Visiting on the 12th June regular Peter Parsons landed 9 x Cats weighing 35lbs, 27lbs, 2 x 23lbs, 21lbs, 19lbs, 18lbs, 17lbs and 15lbs while colleague Eric Scott had Cats weighing 32lbs and 26lbs and again on the 26th June; Peter landed 8 x Cats weighing 32lbs, 27lbs, 26lbs, 2 x 22lbs, 21lbs, 15lbs and 10lbs while Eric caught 6 x Cats weighing 39lbs, 38lbs, 36lbs, 35lbs, 26lbs and 22lbs.
- Arriving for a short break on the 13th June, Ian Henderson and son Liam had a great session - fishing 3 x 24 hours - to land 23 x Cats weighing a massive 692lbs total averaging over 30lbs+ each:
- Arriving on the 14th June, Gary and Bernie Day found the Catfish active and fishing over a 3 x 24 hours period they had a great session; together landing 19 x Cats and a Carp including:
- Regulars Terry Keard, Steve Hyder and Judi Swatland arrived on the 16th June for a short break over 6 days and 5 nights. During this period they landed a massive 91 x Cats with Terry raising his Cat PB to 39lbs 7ozs and together with Steve both breaking the 1,ooolbs barrier to join the Manor Fisheries 1,00lbs Club – many congratulations:
- Martin Crease and Tony Thompson arrived on the 23rd June for their 48 hours session and found the Cats in a strong feeding mood. Using snowman krill baits Tony raised his Cat PB to 42lbs. Congratulations to both anglers who had great catches during what proved to be a very tiring session:
- Arriving for a short break on the 25th June David Platt and Robert Bates found the Cats very active during their sleepless 12 hour night session on the 24th June together with Robert setting his new Cat PB at 39lbs. And again on the night of the 27th June when 11 x Cats were landed and David set his new Cat PB at 41lbs.
- During very sunny and hot weather on the 27th June, regulars Melvin Baker and Reg Miller landed 9 x Cats. Melvin’s weights were 33lbs, 26lbs 8ozs, 25lbs, and 22lbs while Reg had weights of 29lbs 12ozs, 23lbs and 3 x doubles.
- Regular Paul Coombes arrived on the 27th June for his 60 hour session and using luncheon meat, prawn and liver plus krill boilie baits landed 9 x Cats averaging 32lbs 4ozs+ including weights of 38lbs, 37lbs, 35lbs, 2 x 32lbs, 31lbs, 30lbs, 28lbs 8ozs, 22lbs and 14lbs.
- Together with Phil and Ossie Aldridge, Mike Ireland visited on the 29th June. Using Spam baits their catch included 6 x Cats weighing 35lbs, 33lbs, 31lbs, 26lbs, 25lbs and 24lbs.
Lake 3 (Mixed)
- The Duke of Gloucester AS returned on the 3rd June and experienced glorious sunshine for their Match. The winning weights were:
- 1st Joe Simms with 45lbs
- 2nd Geoff Wickham with 30lbs 3ozs
- 3rd Kenny Bremnor with 24lbs
- Visiting on the 5th June, Andrew Crisp used maggots for bait to lure 4 x Carp to 10lbs, a 4lbs Tench and a Mirror weighing 20lbs plus several small Perch.
- Dick Sayers fished using a method feeder and had a good session landing 14 x Tench to 2lbs 12ozs, 7 x Commons to 5lbs 8ozs and 2 x Mirrors to 5lbs 10ozs.
- Visiting on the 8th June Chris Smith and David O’Hara landed a couple of Carp (4lbs and 2lbs) together with 8 x Tench in the order of 1lb 8ozs and again on the 19th June using bread and luncheon meat baits; 3 x Bream weighing 4lbs and 2 x 3lbs plus 7 x Tench to 1½lbs and with many small Roach, Rudd and Perch.
- Paul Evans returned on the 9th June and using his long/short poles plus sweetcorn and luncheon meat baits had a good mixed catch including 18 x Tench to 3lbs 4ozs, 9 x Carp to 9lbs 7ozs and 14 x Bream to 4lbs 5ozs.
- Returning on the 9th June regular Andy Worf landed 5 x Carp to 10lbs and 4 x Tench to 3lbs while colleague Brian had 6 x Carp to 5lbs, 2 x Tench to 2lbs and 2 x Bream to 4lbs.
- Using luncheon meat and bread baits on the 15th June provided good sport for regular Bernie Day Snr with a catch of 5 x Commons weighing 6lbs 15ozs, 4lbs 2ozs, 4lbs, 3lbs 6ozs and 2lbs 2ozs plus Mirrors weighing 8lbs 1oz and 8lbs together with a 4lbs 4ozs Bream.
- Visiting on the 16th June produced a good session for Ray Collins who caught 150lbs+ of Carp and 20+ Tench.
- Brian Day fished on the 16th June and was rewarded with a 3lbs 8ozs Bream.
- Scott Bollen and Mark visited on the 22nd June and landed 10 x Tench, 9 x Bream plus 3 x Roach.
- Returning on the 22nd June regular Graham Payne had a mixed bag including 5 x Mirrors to 9lbs, 6 x Commons 8lbs, 2 x Tench to 2lbs and a 2lbs Bream.
- Regulars Sue and Mark Rogers returned on the 25th June amidst glorious sunshine. Using mini boilies and a quiver tip Mark landed 7 x Carp weighing 7lbs 9ozs, 6lbs 11ozs, 5lbs 2ozs, 5lbs 1oz, 5lbs, 4lbs 9ozs and 3lbs plus Bream weighing 3lbs 8ozs and 3lbs 5ozs together with a 2lbs Tench. Sue float fished and initially caught numerous Rudd and Roach which were followed by Carp weighing 5lbs 9ozs on maggot/corn, 7lbs 11ozs on prawn and a 10lbs 13ozs PB Common also on prawn.
- Visiting on the 26th June, regular Fred Rosier landed 5 x Carp after a slow start weighing 5lbs 4ozs, 4lbs 11ozs, 2 x 4lbs 4ozs and 3lbs 4ozs plus a 2lbs 4ozs Bream.